The serial number will greatly help the dating. In fact, Ampeg offered a heavy-duty four-wheel dolly for these amps that became standard equipment on later models. Let me look insde the Ampeg history book I have and will get back to you. Louis Music bought Ampeg in and finally returned some stability and respect to the brand. How do you know the speaker was replaced?
Ampeg b15 N Dating and restoration
Search Forums Recent Posts. Hard to tell how long they sat around till they got installed though. That one is printed on a piece of paper glued inside.
It has the blue check covering. Hopefully the tolex is original. It has a much more irregularly checked pattern. Is it underneath something I haven't looked at?
Fjestad is a freelance writer who specializes in guitars and amplifiers including the history behind them and their current value. SteveD, I've found lot's of places to gather info about Ampeg history. Great in the studio, I don't take it to gigs.
Ampeg BN Portaflex
- In transit, the electronic components were flipped down and housed inside the cabinet.
- For more information, email Zachary at zacharyfjestad hotmail.
- Original speaker has been replaced so I can't use the date code from there.
- Four latches secured the top to the cabinet and the top was entirely covered so it matched the cabinet regardless of which position it was in.
- More videos from Premier Guitar.
How to Date Ampeg Amplifiers
Dating my vintage Ampeg Bam I an idiot
There was no serial number stamped into the back of the chassis, so I looked for other clues. Should I disassemble the trannies too and look for codes on them?
- Shortly thereafter, Hull and Michael went their separate ways and Hull moved Ampeg to Manhattan where he slowly began building amplifiers and developing the Ampeg name.
- For playing, the head was flipped up and exposed.
- Good sleuthing done today.
- Hey Bass Guys, I'm new here, and could use some help with dating a vintage amp.
That might be what you have. Therefore, power ratings were very conservative and Ampeg discouraged users from increasing volume to the point where they distorted. If you want a lesson or two, advice about dating a married let me know. There are a few things to note about Ampeg production from this time.
Given its cool features and history, the Ampeg B is definitely treasure. Hull created an upright bass pickup by mounting a transducer on an extended peg that was inserted into the body of the bass. Meanwhile, rosario dating check that place if you haven't already.
Does your amp have the tube rectifier? Gregg Hopkins of Vintage-Amp Restoration reproduces these Lucite plates for the B and can even personalize it with your name. Separate head and speaker cabinet systems, often referred to as piggybacks, became a solution in the early s, but it also negated the portability of the combo. Don't you love investigation?
Also some pics of the cabinet inside and outside. Any help would be appreciated! Tell me the values both the actual Farad and the voltage rating and we can go from there. Guitars Bass Amps Pedals Players. Also, do you know of where I could get a replacement Lucite plate?
Dating my vintage Ampeg B-15...am I an idiot
Ampeg B-15N Portaflex
Lucille Borella likes this. And both number should match. No, ftm dating another create an account now.